OPCA Members can place their ad for free – please email your ad to the OPCA
Non-Members – Ad cost: $100 for three months. Contact the OPCA for information.
Construction Technician – Century Petroleum Construction
Century Petroleum Construction is a Manitoba based commercial / retail petroleum contractor. Our company culture includes an environment that values your ideas, teamwork, and personal safety.
We are currently looking for a construction technician. Required to work on fuel storage tank and piping installations/alterations in the petroleum industry.
Includes working independently and in the elements. Work location varies – some of out-of-town work.
Will train on job, knowledge of basic construction /pipe fitting/carpentry/etc. an asset.
Looking for self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to mitigate and manage on site discrepancies between own forces or sub-trades.
Must have fluent English language skills and have a valid driver’s license.
Wages based on experience and qualifications.
Eligible for security clearances (Police, RCMP, Public Works)
To apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted July 27/22
Field Technician/Pump Mechanic – Fuel-Tek
The Field Technician is an active member of the Fuel Tek Team. This individual shall report to the GM of Fuel Tek, and to the COO of GPMC Management Holdings. This professional shall work in coordination with the regional Senior Technician to support services provided to Fuel Tek customers. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to workplace safety. Written and verbal competencies is also a high priority for this professional to ensure successful interactions with the customers, fellow employees, and vendors.
Main Responsibilities for this Role:
- Provide fuel station maintenance, repair and support as assigned
- Service and maintain petroleum equipment and systems, and accessories essential to station operation
- Maintain pumps, including replacing nozzles, spouts, hoses, breakaways, filters, and belts and contain and clean up spills and leaks
- Install and remove submergible pumps and related systems, in accordance with manufacturer specification regulations
- Repair and maintain submergible pumps and related systems, including troubleshooting, testing, repairing, and replacing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic components and safety devices
- Conduct all repairs within established time standards
- Identifying worn and damaged parts
- Maintain all Station equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion, and completing winterization procedures
- Recording pressures, flows, and temperatures
- Identify and react to abnormal operating conditions
- Perform other varied gas field activities throughout our system
- Report to various regional locations as required
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications
- Ability to operate within confined space areas
- Operating Company Trucks and tooling safely at all times
- Operating with minimal supervision within the guidelines of licensing
To apply: Visit fueltek.ca/careers/
Click here to download full job posting
posted July 19/22
Fuel Technician – TPL Installations
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental Benefits
- Employer RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Health/Wellness Spending Accounts
- Professional Growth & Development
What You’ll Do – The Role (Responsibilities)
- Performing major and minor repairs to various mechanical systems
- Carrying out plumbing repairs and modifications to fuel and exhaust systems
- Carrying out start-up inspections of new or rebuilt equipment installations
- Ensuring proper in-house maintenance is performed on vehicles, workshop, yard, shop equipment and tools
- Completing all required administrative work-order documentation to ensure costs are correctly allocated, and customer information is captured
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time consistent with the position of Junior Technician and the job description and duties set out above.
Click here to read the full job posting
posted June 22/22
Petroleum Service Technician Apprentice – BGIS
We are seeking a Petroleum Service Technician Apprentice to join our growing team in the Toronto and Ottawa areas. We specialize in the maintenance and repair of petroleum equipment, electrical, fuel management systems for retail petroleum stations, large-scale industrial manufacturing plants, utility providers, transit services, and public works yards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- On the job technical learning. Shadow accredited technicians to support:
- Service and maintenance of petroleum equipment, systems and accessories essential to site operations.
- Repair and maintain leak detection systems
- Build hours towards petroleum technician accreditation (PMH, etc.)
- Parts delivery to jobsites as required.
- Second man / helper duties on service calls under supervision of lead technician.
- Maintain professionalism, sensitivity, and tact to portray the Company in a positive manner always.
- Develop independent judgment in solving unusual work problems.
- Develop strong, trustworthy, and lasting relationships with our clients.
- Develop understanding of and ability to complete documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Possess the physical and mental capabilities to manage multiple tasks at a time.
Knowledge & Skills
- Mechanically inclined, with an affinity for solving mechanical problems.
- Clean Drivers Abstract and Valid Driver’s License.
- Enjoy both working alongside a team and operating independently.
- Can make wise judgments when working independently.
- Enjoy being on the road and visiting new places.
- Are always looking for ways to do things better and more efficiently.
- Desire to continually learn and follow directions when needed.
- Organized, timely, and professional.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Take pride in customer satisfaction.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Proven Customer Service Skills.
- Problem solving.
- Bilingual (English/French) [for Ottawa roles only]
- TSSA PM Certificates
- Petroleum Manufacturer Training courses (Gilbarco, Wayne etc.)
- Safety Courses – Working at heights, Confined space, Forklift training, CPR, First Aid, etc.
Contact: Dan Tremblay 800-263-0345 Ext.: 241 Dtremblay@bgisefs.com
BGIS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome you to apply for a position with us! If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us at askHR. Upon request for accommodation, we will consult with the applicant in question and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
BGIS est un employeur qui respecte l’égalité des chances et nous vous invitons à postuler pour un poste chez nous ! Si vous avez besoin d’un accommodement pendant le processus de recrutement, veuillez nous contacter à askHR. En cas de demande d’accommodement, nous discuterons avec le candidat en question et fournirons, ou ferons en sorte de fournir, un accommodement approprié d’une manière qui tiendra compte des besoins d’accessibilité du candidat en fonction de son handicap.
Posted April 22/22