The OPCA is offering an online workshop based on updates reflected in the new Liquid Fuels Handling Code (effective October 1, 2017).
- The Director’s Requirement will mandate that all petroleum mechanic certificate holders wishing to renew their certificates will need to submit proof of completion from a TSSA-approved training provider beginning April 1st, 2018. The training providers will be asked to document and track course participants in order to assist TSSA with the administration of the update.
- The training will be available to all certificate holders until the end of March 2021. This deadline was set by calculating the absolute last day a petroleum mechanic could renew his/her license.
The workshop has been mandated by TSSA for all license holders within the Petroleum Mechanic scope.
Sections of the code affected by these updates include:
- Electronic Line Leak Detection requirements
- Private Cardlocks
- Containment requirements
- Single wall steel tanks and piping
- Suction systems
- Venting and vapour recovery
- Environmental assessments
Non-Members: $195 plus tax
OPCA Members: $125.00 plus tax.
To take the online course, visit our learning site at www.opcalearning.org. Group registration is also available for companies registering multiple employees (form on the learning site).
The course is available at opcalearning.org