The OPCA will be offering an online workshop based on updates reflected in the new Liquid Fuels Handling Code (effective October 1, 2017).
- The Director’s Requirement will mandate that all petroleum mechanic certificate holders wishing to renew their certificates will need to submit proof of completion from a TSSA-approved training provider beginning April 1st, 2018. The training providers will be asked to document and track course participants in order to assist TSSA with the administration of the update.
- The training will be available to all certificate holders until the end of March 2021. This deadline was set by calculating the absolute last day a petroleum mechanic could renew his/her license.
The workshop has been mandated by TSSA for all license holders within the Petroleum Mechanic scope.
Sections of the code affected by these updates include:
- Electronic Line Leak Detection requirements
- Private Cardlocks
- Containment requirements
- Single wall steel tanks and piping
- Suction systems
- Venting and vapour recovery
- Environmental assessments
Non-Members: $199 plus tax
OPCA Members: $175.00 plus tax. Further discounts for group purchases.
If interested in the workshop, please fill out the following form. We will send you a link to register as soon as the course is available. If you have multiple employees, we will send you a group registration form.