Operations Manager Position
We’re growing! Looking for a hands-on, experienced leader who can build on the success of a reputable company in the petroleum service industry. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, energetic and dependable leader who will put safety, compliance and customer service at the forefront of all they do. The desired qualifications will include:
Technical Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years proven track record of progressive hands on and leadership experience within the petroleum and environmental service industry
- Seasoned Petroleum Mechanic (TSSA PM1, PM2, PM3, PM4), with proficiency working at petroleum terminal and pipeline facilities
- Valid DZ Licence with clean driver’s abstract an asset – ability to safely and effectively operate Vac Truck including compliance with all required safety and compliance practices and procedures
- Confined Space Watch & Rescue training and experience
- WHMHS Training Certificate and knowledge of and experience with dealing with Hazardous Materials
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certified
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification and experience with accurately completing compliance documentation
- Working from Heights training, proficiency and comfort
- Comfortable and proficient with all job and work force scheduling
- Computer experience: Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including the ability to use Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel, upload and download reports, pictures and information, take online training.
Leadership Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong relationship builder and collaborator that leads by example and motivates others to be their best
- Customer-focussed, results-oriented problem solver with a can-do attitude and a determination to succeed
- Unwavering commitment to Health & Safety and regulatory/legal compliance
- Strong understanding of business ‘Best Practices’
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead a team of experienced petroleum mechanics
- Ability to attract new business in all areas of our operations
- Efficient and effective expense management
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership team to make effective business decisions and capitalize on our exciting opportunity to grow the business
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- High level of personal & professional integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Scheduling and oversight of all aspects of our field operations including: the maintenance of tanks, pumps, loading racks, fuel transfer equipment, transferring and/or draining of petroleum products or other liquids from storage tanks and piping, transportation and disposal of hazardous waste, Confined Space watch and rescue
- Primary relationship manager with Customers, Vendors, Sub-Contractors
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Must have excellent organizational skills and follow-up.
- Responding to emergency calls from customers as needed
- Completing daily worksheets and all customer and/or internal documentation including work permits, manifests etc.
- Developing new business opportunities with existing and/or new customers; completing all bids/RFPs; work with management to set rate schedule for customers.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and customer Health & Safety policies and procedures while on customer’s site or our own shop; facilitate daily tool-box meetings; create safe work procedures, hazard assessment plans, Job Safety Analysis etc.; ensure all sub-contractors have required safety documentation
- Work with senior leadership to complete business plans and budgets each year
- Leading a team of employees and all aspects of HR management including hiring, training, coaching
- Supervising employees, subcontractors and vendors to ensure safety, quality control and compliance
- Evening and/or weekend work as needed to meet customer needs and/or to get the job done; out of town travel required from time to time.
Compensation will be commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience, ranging from $70k to $100k + eligibility for annual bonus.
Full time position.